Coronavirus Update: We are well equipped to address your financial/investment/retirement planning with proper precautions in our office or remotely through telephone and video conferencing. Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks, and, per CDC guidelines, masks are also highly advised for those who are vaccinated. Please call us at 305-931-3200 for further details about our services during COVID-19.
Five Takeaways From Current VolatilitySubmitted by Frye Financial Center on December 10th, 2018
According to LPL Research, “Last week was a tough week for stocks, with the S&P 500 Index down 4.5%, the worst performance since March. So what are some things investors should consider? To help answer that question, here are five takeaways on the near-term outlook for stocks.
- We continue to see the U.S-China trade dispute as the biggest headwind for stocks.
- Leading economic indicators are still pointing positive.
- Risk of a Fed policy mistake has eased.
- Oil has been a supply problem.
- Progress has been made toward putting in a bottom.
LPL Chief Investment Strategist John Lynch explains, “While we continue to monitor the trends discussed here, we view the fundamentals supporting growth in the economy and corporate profits as still favorable.”
To read more from John Lynch, click here.